Group Insight Manager
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of ??84.5 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 2,988 people. (Figures quoted are as at 31 December 2015).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first. Our vision is making mutuality meaningful by becoming the most trusted & recommended financial company.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Insight Manager to join the Group Insight team based in Edinburgh.
The main purpose of this role is to provide robust and actionable consumer, adviser, and employer insight to enable the business to make decisions on topics such as our future strategy, proposition development and our customer and adviser experience.
You will work closely with key senior stakeholders across the business to help them articulate their insight needs. You will then advise on how best to meet these, using both qualitative and quantitative research techniques. Often working with external market research partners, you will plan and deliver primary research projects which seek to answer the key business questions.
You will also run workshops, design and deliver presentations to different areas of the business and plan insight-related events to ensure that the insights you and the rest of the Group Insight team distil are effectively co-ordinated, communicated and Embedded across the business.
As Group Insight Manager you will also be required to mentor more junior members of the team.
This role will offer an experienced Insight Manager the opportunity to join a well-respected brand going through an exciting amount of change and transformation with a real focus on insight from board level down.
- Advising on market research best practice
- Designing and delivering Insight projects for all areas of the business
- Analysing research findings to distil key insights
- Presenting to senior stakeholders
- Delivering ongoing insight reports (eg trackers)
- Running workshops and other insight-related events
- Supporting our stakeholders to embed insight into their decision making process.
- Managing relationships with key partners across the business
- Managing external relationships with market research agencies and dictating work briefs
- Managing budgets of up to ??100,000 for individual projects, with an overall project portfolio up to ??400,000
- Mentoring and coaching more junior members of the team
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven background in delivering Insight, either in a client-side or agency-side role
- Experience of both qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience of working in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a time-pressured environment
- A key interest in being customer focused
- Experience of or a desire to run workshops, work on and deliver presentations
- Attention to detail
- Strong understanding of risk management and best practice for insight work
- Financial Services experience helpful but not essential
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact (see below)