Trainee Claims Handler
Job title: Trainee Claims Handler
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading insurance brokers, employee benefits, healthcare and financial planning consultancies. The Group has 36 offices in 33 locations across England and Wales employing over 1,200 members of staff
A multi-award winning business, with a turnover in excess of ??80m, they work hand in hand with local, national and international clients in over 100 countries.
They have a fantastic permanent opportunity for a Trainee Claims Handler to join their Team based in Worcester.
Managing your own case load of Commercial Claims the purpose of the role is to provide advice and support to clients and ensure that the submission of new claims through to conclusion has reached a satisfactory decision.
- Act as a primary point for applicants and establish effective relationships with both clients and insurers
- Advise applicants on policy guidelines referring to Insurers for confirmation of cover/pre-authorisation
- Issue claims forms and guidance notes confirming cover where appropriate
- Liaise with providers on individual's claim/s
- Ensure all contentious and high cost claims are escalated for review as appropriate
- Process all Insurer correspondence advising members accordingly
- Process all correspondence, claims, invoices, queries in timely manner that meets internal Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Work with the sales executive/consultant to resolve issues and communicate outcomes effectively
- General ad hoc tasks as required.
Skills and experience
- Legal/Law related degree
- Highly organised, good level of attention to detail and can prioritise a busy workload
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Team player - willing to share knowledge with others
- IT Literate
To be considered for this role please click 'apply'