ATM Mechanical Engineer
Currency Media Handling Mechanical Engineer
We are a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. We operate in more than 100 countries.
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
These challenging positions are to work as part of a small team in Dundee and with other facilities and suppliers in the design, evaluation, test and support of devices used in self-service products such as ATMs (Auto-Teller Machines for the Banking Industry). A key requirement is to have several years' mechanical design experience with a keen interest in the design of electro/mechanical systems operating under S/W control.
- Evaluate different technologies and provide recommendations with backup analysis
- Lead mechanical development activities, providing estimates, manufacturing options etc.
- Experience in the Design of Mechanisms, working with tooling suppliers and parts manufacture
- Proven track record delivering cost effective designs to specification and engineering standards
- Supplier engagement and change management
- Lead design validation via design reviews, stress analysis, assembly tolerances, testing and problem correction CLCA
- Release work products using the approved system with all relevant documentation required to implement your design change
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong understanding of Mechanical design principles and technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience eg developing banknote handling equipment, paper handling, photo copiers, mail processing systems
- Technology Expertise in the areas of:
- High speed, document feeding, transportation, sorting & stacking mechanisms.
- Autonomous, fault tolerant media handling systems under the impact of climatic variations.
- Design of Experiments
- Clearly understand documentation and the ability to work solely on problems as well as within a team environment
- Must be willing to work to and set high work standards and be a good communicator
- CAD (ProE or Solidworks preferred)
- A good understanding of mechanical drive systems
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Work with Suppliers throughout project life cycle
For more information and the full spec please apply or contact me.6