Procurement Support Desk Advisor- Reading- ??30k
Procurement Support Desk Advisor- Reading- ??30,000
The key purpose of this role is to provide front line support and customer service on Group procurement suppliers, applications and associated environments. To troubleshoot the query/problems and advise on the appropriate action or to re-direct if required.
- Understands Group business strategy and how it impacts their Procurement Services.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders up to MD level to help support, understand and align Procurements objectives to the business' needs.
- Participates in and implements procurement transformation throughout the group, by working with stakeholders, responding to any issues and appropriately guiding/directing.
- To respond to requests for procurement support either in person, via phone or electronically
- To diagnose and resolve on a 1st time fix a high proportion of queries & requests.
- To research questions using available information resources
- To advise procurement user on appropriate action aligned to Group & departmental policy.
- To follow standard support desk procedures & policies whilst offering appropriate enhancement suggestions.
- To formally log all support desk interactions utilising the agreed mechanisms
- To appropriately administer support desk software & documentation.
- To re-direct 'non 1st time fix' problems to appropriate resource and close out with the procurement user once guidance or direction has been received.
- To identify and escalate situations or queries requiring urgent attention.
- To track and route problems & requests and document resolutions
- To prepare activity reports and deliver requested management information and reports.
- To identify and inform management of recurring problems or queries.
- To remain up to date and current with processes, policies, systems, data and associated information.
- To Contribute and support the business in the ongoing development of the purchasing department & it's strategy.
- To liaise & communicate procurement initiatives & procedural amendments to all stakeholders.
- To identify procurement savings opportunities and further investigate and realize where possible
- To advise, plans and carry out activities that drive towards Procurements progress toward 'world class' functionality.
- To help develop, maintain and communicate a preferred supplier and approved product/service list for all categories.
- To lead, co-ordinate and/or facilitate appropriate departmental, supplier or cross-functional workstreams.
- To conduct procurement activity in accordance with stated ethics, CSR and other procurement and legal policies.
- To maintains an effective communication structure detailing stakeholder and supplier contacts
- To carry out additional reasonable requests made by Group management.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate the Businesses and Procurement's strategic direction and cascades into objectives and action plans.
- Uses appropriate behaviours and attributes to support team building and collaboration.
- Takes ownership of specific tasks/projects as directed by the Procurement Director/Head of Procurement
Essential technical and professional skills and knowledge
- Demonstrates a track record of developing and maintaining stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Demonstrates track record in excellent communication skills (all mediums)
- Will have worked in a complex and changing environment with demanding business objectives and in a highly competitive market sector.
- Has knowledge of operating in multiple industry sectors, preferably within a Service industry
To be considered for this role please attach an up to date CV to the link below.