Are you an experienced strong Infrastructure Engineer?
Due to expansion of the business an exciting opportunity has become available within our clients UK network. Our client is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their award winning IT team.
Our client has a growing network of over 400 depots across Europe, owned and operated by independent logistics companies. Together with our 14 hubs in 20 countries, we combine our resources to deliver goods faster and more cost effectively than ever, leaving our customers to focus on growing and managing their businesses.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be
- Supporting and maintaining a mixed platform environment, principally a windows environment with supporting Linux Suse.
- Maintaining Data Centres, Servers Storage, and IT systems.
- Designing and updating documentation of systems, software, configurations.
- Acting as a technical expert within the business.
- Pro-actively seeking to improve efficiencies in all operational areas.
- Creating and maintaining disaster recovery procedures.
- Being responsible for BAU operations and playing an important role in moving the business forwards.
- Maintaining key sites throughout the UK.
Are you an Infrastructure engineer that has experience in:
- Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server and VMware.
- Networking (Cisco, Routing, Switching, TCP/IP, DHCP).
- Linux operating systems and unix Scripting a distinct advantage.
- Software configuration.
- File server administration.
- Active Directory and group policy.
- Project planning and implementation through the use of best practices.
- Backup technologies.
- Strong customer focus.
- Analytical and innovative approach to troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work well as an individual and also in a close team environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the market leader in the sector with the chance to make a real difference in a diverse and future facing business.
Our client offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.