Senior Consultant Analyst
We have been providing blue chip clients in financial services, tech, media and telecommunications with evidence-led recommendations for the past 40 years. We have an experienced, dedicated team focused on the quantitative analysis of survey and customer data to respond to our clients' business challenges.
As a team, we are responsible for maintaining and building long-term relationships with clients and supporting industry-specific projects with statistical analysis expertise. The final product we deliver to clients are commercially robust, fact-based reports, white papers, presentations and designs to help them communicate results clearly with their stakeholders.
We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant Analyst with a keen interest in quantitative consumer research. The ideal applicant will have extensive experience working within an analytics team at a strategy consultancy or research agency and a history of academic achievement in a numerate discipline.
Key elements of the role
- Customer research using quantitative and qualitative techniques amongst consumers and businesses to inform strategic decisions. Senior Consultants are expected to work collaboratively from initial brief to final presentation, managing the project and supporting the team in order to exceed client expectations
- Market modelling and forecasting comprising a range of approaches, which will include analysing scarce Business Intelligence and sizing opportunities for our clients, as well as optimising product design and pricing. Both emerging and traditional research methods are used
- Presentation creation drawing sound conclusions from our research and communicating these effectively. Delivering clear and inspiring presentations, both written and verbally, are key skills of a Senior Consultant
Day to day responsibilities
- Independently manage and deliver a variety of types/sizes/complexity projects
- Develop robust statistical models using a variety of techniques (eg regression, conjoint analysis, segmentation) and communicate the results within set deadlines
- Draft well written, structured reports in business English, including executive summaries and soundly developed recommendations
- Gain trust and confidence of client at a budget holding level. Demonstrate ability to handle client meetings, resolve issues, etc.
- Play an active role in new business development: preparing sales presentation, attending sales meetings, writing proposals, etc.
- Write case studies and/or articles and through pieces off the back of successful projects
- Proactively participate in our people management activities of recruitment, training & development and mentoring
- Play a role in the internal management- proactively identifying & addressing system/process improvements.
- Understand brand, values, competence areas and be able to convey them clearly in client situations
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience in quantitative survey research, ranging from research design and questionnaire development via the structured analysis of data to developing meaningful, commercial recommendations
- Candidates must have worked with a range of advanced quantitative techniques, including conjoint analysis, segmentation and regression analysis
- Project management experience
- Experience managing suppliers and clients
- Advanced Excel proficiency along with knowledge of a programming language. Familiarity with Q, SPSS and Sawtooth Software an advantage
- A demonstrable passion for marketing science, quantitative analysis, statistics and modelling
- An ability to create compelling PowerPoint presentations and the confidence to deliver them
- Commercial awareness and understanding of core economic principles
- Thought leadership in new analytical ideas and tools as well as in solving client business problems
- Experience of working in a demanding environment and to efficiently manage time
- Demonstrate ability to adapt style of communication to suit different client/team needs
- Show ability to lead a team & develop team spirit
- Exposure to and an interest in financial services would be an advantage
- Due to the international nature of our projects, the role may involve occasional international travel and fluency in a foreign language would be an advantage
We are seeking bright candidates to enhance our set of competencies, who strive in a fast-paced but highly collaborative environment and enjoy working with quirky colleagues from all over the globe.