2ND Chef - Winnersh, Reading, RG41 5UU.
Pay Rates from ??8.25 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Working to a rotating shift pattern covering 7 days a week including alternate weekends
A flexible approach is needed to cover other shifts when needed
At Abbeyfield we believe older people deserve time and respect. It's our mission to provide the best service of care and housing for all our residents, and to be a champion for older people. We have been a charitable housing organisation for nearly 60 years. Throughout this time our residents are always at the heart of what we do and the services we provide.
Abbeyfield are looking to recruit a 2nd Chef to work in their brand new, state of the art Dementia Care Home in Winnersh.
Working as a 2nd Chef for Abbeyfield you will ensure that residents enjoy a varied and nutritious diet in accordance with their dietary requirements and nutrition and Hydration needs.
The role of a Chef includes the following tasks:
- To develop healthy balanced menus taking into account dietary requirements and personal preferences.
- To order and track catering supplies.
- To manage cleaning procedures of kitchen and storage areas.
- To ensure all COSHH and food and safety regulations requirements are adhered to and recorded.
- To ensure all activities are kept within the catering budget.
The following requirements are essential for the role of a Chef:
- A demonstrable ability to cook to a high standard.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people.
- To be able to read and write to a good standard.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people.
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times.
- Food Hygiene certificate.
The following requirements are desirable for the role of a Chef:
- A relevant NVQ2 or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in a similar role
- Working in services for older people
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, to find out more, please apply online today with your CV