Software Developer - Python
Our client is a highly regarded US Hedge Fund with $10billion AuM and approximately 200 staff. They opened an office in London last year as Quantitative Research base and they employ 20 Mathematician, Statisticians and Machine Learning professionals. The group works closely and primarily with investment professionals in the US and London to help them interpret and act on market opportunities through the application of technology. The team is small, high-calibre, and well-positioned to make a significant and visible impact on the business. Key success factors are intellectual agility, solid judgment, and keen attention to detail. Exceptional communication skills are a must. The team shares a passion for operational excellence and automation of routine tasks, and they all love to learn about new technologies, techniques, and markets.
As part of the team the ideal candidate should possess a deep understanding of many technologies and is able to effectively navigate the trade-offs amongst buying, building, reusing, and a quick hack. The group most frequently uses Python (preferred), C++ and SQL, leveraging pen source libraries like NumPy and Pandas.
This client is a true investor in people and therefore previous finance or trading experience is not strictly required. This firm is prepared to work closely with the successful individual and train them in various asset class as well various markets, including complex Statistical Arbitrage Trading.
- Work directly with trading desk professionals in London, leveraging technology to solve business problems in research, analysis, trading, and risk management
- Facilitate communication between Front Office personnel in London and teams in the US
- Work with trading desk personnel to understand their requirements
- Be engaged and knowledgeable enough to suggest innovative solutions
- Get user acceptance of solutions
- Support for London Front Office: Debug Excel models, internal software, and financial data issues, respond to support requests originating from Front Office personnel in a timely manner
- Work with a wide variety of financial and macroeconomic data in various formats and storage systems
- Deliver solutions quickly, but working within a professional software engineering environment
- Understand and use appropriate software engineering techniques, including thoughtful design, unit testing, integration testing, and development
- Be familiar and comfortable using distributed source code management systems, work/bug tracking systems, and automated build/testing technology
- Work effectively as part of the technology organization, communicating with the rest of the Strats team as well as the other Dev and IT teams and leveraging shared technology and infrastructure
- Undergraduate STEM degree a must. Excellent academinc achivement from a solid insttitution
- 1-5 years of professional experience in a software engineering capacity
- Genuine passion for coding and programming, with the ability to learn many languages
- Technical curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Keen interest in Quantitative Finance and willingness to learn the markets
- You will receive and extremely competitive salary
- Annual bonus that regularly achieves 75-100%, sometimes more
- Full Benefits package
- Internal and external training on Financial Markets and Quantitative Finance
- Super Flat Organisational Structure
- Collaborative, Fun and Intellectually stimulation environment
- Working on cutting edge projects with the latest tools and tech
- Solve complex real world problems with robust solutions
- Work directly with the some of the Worlds leading Trading and Research staff directly.