At Domestic and General we are proud of our market position as the UK's leading warranty protection provider with a customer base in excess of 16 million.
As part of this growth, we now have an opportunity for a Procurement Contract Manager to make a real difference in the way we formulate our approach to procurement within our organisation.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement and Facilities, your key focus will be to work with the business to establish a standard and effective approach to managing existing supplier contracts for goods and services. You will be expected to provide high value support to ensure best practice for managing supplier services, including contract improvements to deliver excellent value for the group.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing high value support and quality assurance to the Group's procurement strategy
- Update inventory of products and services from suppliers eg costs, renewals
- Establish regular service reviews with suppliers, including adherence to contracts and drive continuous improvement.
- Update and maintain the contracts database
- Take on responsibility for new supplier contracts and work with the procurement specialists to negotiate contracts that are being renewed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent procurement and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience of delivering cost savings
- Ability to deal with vendors, suppliers and contractors.
- Ability to influence the business and suppliers on procurement.
- Strong communication skills
- A good understanding of legal implications: compliance, data protection etc
- Qualities - results driven, proactive and autonomous
- Some international experience would be an advantage
In return, we are offering:
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus all bank holidays
- Attractive pension scheme
- 50% employee discount on domestic appliance warranty protection
- Great local employee discounts at shops, restaurants and gyms