Customer Service Adviser
We're creating a standalone UK bank for our customers and all our employees to be proud of, focused on driving change in the banking industry. We'll do this by putting the customer at the heart of everything we do, servicing the communities in which we reside with the level of professionalism and friendliness that they expect. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new UK bank from the outset, with all the exciting challenges and rewards that will bring.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our well-established and friendly team at the heart of our Liverpool contact centre, as a Customer Service Adviser.
You're not judged on the number of calls you handle. What we want is for you to make a positive impact with each customer; to build rapport, understand your caller's needs and concerns and find the right solutions. You'll be responsible for putting customer's interests at the heart of all you do; offering specialist advice, ensuring quality, timeliness and an excellent customer experience.
We offer a salary package of ??17,752 which consists of ??15,850 basic salary and 12% reward package and 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays. Hours worked after 8pm attract an additional shift allowance.
You will be working 35 hours per week on a rotational shift pattern between 08:00 and 22:00 across Monday to Sunday.
Please note: Applicants cannot progress to job offer stage if they fail financial checks, including previous CCJs, debt recovery and poor credit history.
Dealing with account queries, you will form positive, meaningful customer relationships, treat customers fairly and ensure we deliver fair outcomes for customers in every interaction, whilst maintain customer records and adhering to relevant policies and procedures.
Your key focus is delivering great customer service by making sure all calls received are promptly resolved and reconciled, participating in training, briefing and continuous improvement activities, keeping up to date with products and services and maintaining a full understanding of the regulatory environment.
You're a real people person, with great listening skills, lots of empathy and the determination to go the extra mile for each customer, every day. Resolving complex problems won't faze you, and you'll want to build a good understanding of our products and services to help your customers, all while acting within operational processes and procedures.
Skills & Experience required
- Great experience in a Customer Service/Customer-facing role
- Strong Customer focus and a desire to go the extra mile for customers
- Experience of handling and resolving complex customer queries
- Experience of building new and existing relationships with customers in order to assist them in an efficient manner.
- Great Teamwork skills - we display a 'One Team' approach to working in teams within and across the business area
- Professional approach to daily work activities, maintaining high standards of personal conduct.
- Good technology skills eg basic PC skills (Word, Excel), ability to use ATMs and Digital Banking
- Upon joining our team you will receive an attractive reward package plus the opportunity to participate in a bonus scheme linked to helping our customers and the success of the business
- Generous holiday allocation of 25 days per year plus Bank Holidays (Pro Rata of hours worked)
- Supporting to be the best you can. We'll prepare you for success right from the start with a structured training programme. Our commitment to your development means you'll be given the training you need to grow, wherever you are in your career.
- A flexible reward package designed to benefit you as an individual - including discount vouchers for popular high street stores, discounted protection products such as life assurance and private medical cover, as well as childcare vouchers and other attractive options.
- Shift allowance will be paid for any hours worked outside of 08:00 and 22:00 Monday to Sunday