Female Home Care Assistant- Fantastic Progression Opportunities! - (Car Drivers Essential)
Due to new customers our client is looking for Home Care Assistants in all areas of York. Established for over 48 years they are one of the main providers to York City Council providing care and support in people’s own homes. They have an excellent reputation and can offer job security and the opportunity to progress.
Where do we have jobs?
York, Huntington, Tang Hall, Pocklington, New Earswick, Stockton on the Forest, Earswick, Strensall, Haxby, Linton on Ouse, Beningborough, Overton, Skelton, Dringhouses, Woodthorpe, Foxwood, Appleton Roebuck, Copmanthorpe, Rufforth, Malton, Rufforth, Middlethorpe, Acomb, Hogate, Deighton, Kirk Hammerton, Great Ouseburn, Poppleton and surrounding villages.
What does the job of a Home Care Assistant involve?
· You will have your own dedicated customers in their own homes local to where you live. This means you build a good relationship with your customer.
· We allocate you customers as close to where you live as possible to keep travelling to a minimum
· Assist with Meal Preparation
· Prompt them to take medication
· Getting them out of bed and assisting with dressing, getting to the bathroom and personal hygiene (Mainly prompting and supporting)
· You may take them out into the community to attend appointments or social events.
What experience do I need to be a Home Care Assistant?
No Experience is necessary as we provide excellent training. Our carers come from all different previous careers and we have carers who are all ages.
All we ask for is a caring nature and the desire to work as a carer.
You do need your own transport due to the nature of the work.
You need to be over the age of 18
Rates of Pay & Hours
£8.65, £9.15 - £12.97 per hour Plus 20p per mile
Full time hours covering Mornings and/or Evenings and alternate Weekends
Part Time Hours covering Mornings and/or Evening and alternate Weekends
Part Time weekends only or Part Time evenings only
Do you have any questions? Don’t worry we will give you a call to discuss your application and answer any questions you might have prior to putting your application through to our client.
Health and Social Care Jobs are an Equal Opportunities Employer, however due to the nature of the position, this post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010. In this instance there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit female Personal Home Care Assistants.