Every business needs competent, reliable staff to work in their accountancy and bookkeeping departments. If you’re looking for a new career and think a role in this always-in-demand sector could be for you, this flexible, practical online course from AAT is exactly what you’re looking for. Morrisons, ASDA, the Ministry of Justice and P&G are just some of the household names who use AAT-qualified
Improve your skills in operating the Sage computerised accounting software up to an intermediate level with this course from the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
Who is this course for ?
This course is for anyone who is looking to gain an understanding of industry-recognised principles in using computerised accounting software, no matter what level the person’s knowledge is.
The aim of this course is to develop your practical accountancy skills in entering transactions into accounting software and performing bank reconciliations.
• Basic features and functions of computerised accounting using Sage
• Opening Balances and Journals
• Sales and Purchase Ledger Transactions
• Bank and Petty Cash Transactions
• The Trial Balance and Data Security
Key Learning Points
Master the basics of accounting by following the easy-to-access units of study.
- Feel confident that you’re using official learning material from Sage, the leading bookkeeping software provider in the UK.
- Become proficient in Sage 50 using the software included (time limited).
- Learn how to create accounts including adding new accounts to sales, purchase and nominal ledgers.
- Practise processing accounting information using the Sage software, including processing sales and purchase ledger information, entering initial capital, processing information involving transactions of different tax rates and in respect of cash and cheque payments and receipts.
- Come to understand how to use batch control sheets, including calculating and reconciling batch totals.
- Confidently produce reports including supplier activity, customer activity, supplier details, customer details and nominal ledger account reports, plus learn how to produce a trial balance.
- Become a proficient spreadsheet user, including entering, editing and organising data as well as using appropriate formulas and tools to summarise and display the data and to present the information effectively.
- Test your knowledge with a practise activity.
Is this Career for me ?
Committing to a career choice or career change is a big decision, so this great-value course is ideal if you have a good grasp of English and maths and want to explore the possibility of studying towards a bookkeeping or accounting role. The course is designed to instil the fundamental concepts of computerised accounting, giving you a good, solid grounding in the subject, including creating accounts, processing accounting information using Sage software, using batch control sheets and producing effective accounting spreadsheets.
On completion you can choose to progress onto Level 2 confident in the knowledge that you’ve chosen the right path, with the option to progress to the advanced and professional qualifications, which in turn can lead to further career advancement and the potential to become an AAT full member (MAAT) or to study for chartered status. Skills in computerised accounting are sought after in all industries and can lead to roles such as clerical assistant, bookkeeper, accounts clerk, finance assistant or accounts administrator. Business owners will also find this course useful in efficiently keeping their own books.
AAT qualified accountants can offer their services and function in roles such as accounts administrator, finance assistant and accounts clerk.
Click apply and fill in our online registration and will be in contact to discuss in more detail.