As the IT Helpdesk Manager you will manage and develop the support team to ensure high quality delivery of technical support services to our Customers. The IT Helpdesk Manager will be responsible for the monitoring and delivery of multiple SLA’s for support services and helping drive continuous improvement within the IT service environment.
The IT Helpdesk Manager will be a ‘Support Champion’ having come from a support background ideally within the Hospitality industry where you will have managed IT Support teams. You will help the team and end-users in troubleshooting problems and provide satisfactory resolutions.
To succeed in this role applicants will need to bring an excellent level of technical knowledge and be committed to delivering, and exceeding agreed service levels, along with the expectations of our Customers.
On a daily basis the IT Helpdesk Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the helpdesk function, including internal call handling software
- Taking overall responsibility for IT incident management to point of resolution
- Representing the service desk/support function at meetings
- Overseeing the performance of KPIs and trends, monitoring SLAs
- Determine route cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external service desk customers
- Building service relationships with our clients along with attending client meetings as required
- Ensuring the effective and efficient transfer of customer systems into the Helpdesk team from the point of go-live
- Responsible for ensuring that all daily, weekly and monthly reports and statistics are created for both customers and senior management
- Driving the most efficient resource rotas ensuring all shift patterns are covered
It is essential that applicants have previous management experience and in order to be considered for the role of IT Helpdesk Manager you must have the following experience:
Team Management & People Skills
- Previous support experience in a Hospitality or Retail business environment
- Ideally an existing helpdesk manager with experience of helpdesk management tools
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks under pressure.
- A good record of delivering great service through great leadership
Technical knowledge and abilities
- MS Operating Systems and Applications knowledge
- SQL Server Administration and Support
- Database Administration, Management & Security
- Power basic
- SAN support (Netapp)
- Virtualisation support (VMware)
- Supporting web technologies (IIS, DNS etc)
- VPN & remote support configuration
- LAN, WAN, VLAN troubleshooting and support using TCP/IP
- Router and firewall troubleshooting
- Proficient in the use of MS Dos
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 and/or 2010 support
- Windows Server Support
This role will be office based working 5 days a week, however, there may be a requirement to work alternative shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays to support the team and coverage for holidays.