Sales Manager - Metal Trader based in Sheffield - ??Competitive salary + Commission)
The company specializes in trading and processing of various metals. Their objective is to bridge the gap between Sellers and Buyers in the Ferro-Alloys industry as well as direct consumers of such products and services.
Core areas of expertise are: Titanium scrap (solids/turnings), Ferro-Alloys (ie Ferro-Titanium 70), Titanium based alloys and other metals in the form of products or scrap which are used as components/additives within Steel, Ferro-Alloys, Aluminium industries or similar.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Trader, preferably with a background in Sales. Highly professional, organized individual with exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills. Also they will be responsible for developing trading opportunities within the UK/Europe Commercial business, focusing on generating value through physical opportunity trading, and optimizing supply.
- Buying and selling physical material
- Liaising (discussion and negotiation) with all transaction parties (both internal and external)
- Negotiating, price and book deals with clients via phone, email and in-person
- Processing sales orders
- Product research
- Exploring new business opportunities within the metal market
- Daily contact with traders, brokers, investors and key market figures to build relationships
- Maintaining and developing strong relationship with clients.
- Travelling to client sites and warehouses for material quality inspection
- Dealing with general enquiries
- Legally authorized to work in the UK on a regular, Full time basis without restrictions on local terms and conditions
- A graduate with a strong degree (preferably in Sales)
- Experience of working in trade
- Hunter' sales mentality
- Eagerness to learn and continuously develop knowledge of the industry (metals, quality requirements, processing conditions, etc.)
- Good knowledge of metals market (preferably Titanium and Ferro-Alloys market)
- Preferably to have experience in sales of other Metals apart from Titanium (ie Nickel alloys, Cobalt alloys, Tungsten alloys, etc.)
- Knowledge of UK/EU directives concerning the metal materials buy and sell process
- Proven ability to make Real Time commercial decisions that have a significant financial impact both independently or as part of the trading team
- Excellent writing, grammar and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and build contacts with industry executives
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills
- Proven IT skills using MS Office including Excel to produce reports.
- Good sense of humour/Positive attitude
- Flexible; able to reassess market conditions and adjust market views accordingly
- Ability to handle high pressured fast paced environment
- Preferably to hold a UK/EU driving license
- Our rapidly-growing business offers a dynamic environment for talented professionals.
- Sheffield; New and comfortable office, on-site parking and bus access
- Competitive salary, starting from ??30,000 basic per annum, + commission (negotiable)
- Development opportunities
- Trader Tips and suggestions are provided
If you're interested in the opportunity to become a Sales Executive based in Sheffield, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing your relevant experience for the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that is investing heavily in its expanding sales department and to be a part of a renowned company.
Please apply on-line now for immediate consideration or email: (see below)