Technical Author - Senior
Senior Technical Author
Our award-winning, global technology client is looking for a technical author to join its technical publications team.
Working as part of a coordinated team, you will:
- Research, plan and write a range of structured technical content for both internal and customers' engineers.
- Direct the work of a small team of two or three technical authors.
- Plan, track and report on document projects.
- Contribute to process improvements in technical communications.
- Ensure that technical content complies with corporate and technical communications standards and processes.
- Coach and mentor more junior technical writers.
- Carry out effective peer reviews.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- A proven track record as a technical author writing for global audiences.
- A keen interest in maintaining rigour and precision while producing and editing highly-specialised technical material.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Embedded electronics; microprocessors; System on Chip (SoC) design; software engineering; programming/Scripting languages such as C, C++, Python.
- Experience directing the work of, coaching or mentoring other technical authors.
- A real appetite and enthusiasm for new technology and developing new skills.
- An understanding of the interaction between software and hardware.
- A good understanding of the documentation life cycle.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills to manage the flow of information from contributors and reviewers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
There is lots of scope for future career progression and opportunities to learn new skills and technologies.
This role offers an extremely attractive salary, bonus and benefits package.