Automotive Module Leader
At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world's leading manufacturers, and due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Module Leaderto be based at our office in Coventry.
Scope of Role
The Module Leader will set up & run the Programme Module Team to ensure up front input from all relevant areas. You will provide leadership and technical expertise in your area.
Area of Responsibility
- You will provide leadership and coordination within your defined module where new engineering systems and components are developed. Managing the team, planning projects and reporting on progress, you'll see that your module meets every challenge it is set, on time and to the highest standards possible. This will involve working across technical specialisms, adopting new processes and acting as the main point of contact with the vehicle line programme team.
- You will lead your team in technical discussions to deliver robust fault free designs through the application of the Concurrent Engineering disciplines DFMEA, DFA, DFM, Campaign Prevention Process, Robustness, etc.
- Develop the System/Component Design Specification & the Statements of Work for the Supplier
- Validate that all products meet the specification requirements and project targets through a documented DVP
- Project manage/design systems, subsystems and components which meet agreed programme targets at lowest Total Cost, continually monitor the cost status versus cost target, and take appropriate action to control, identify and report cost risks and opportunities as soon as they are known
- Ensure the effective application of APQP to manage system/component delivery, represent the engineers of the components/subsystems in that module, and call in other experts as necessary, such as PMST Leaders, Development Engineers, Analysis Engineers, Vehicle Integration Engineers etc.
- You will need to be an exceptional project leader, with experience of engineering team management, experience of product design perhaps involving complex systems integration or the use of multiple technologies.
- You will also need experience of financial planning, engineering development and virtual product creation using a variety of computer aided solutions.
- You will be degree educated or significant equivalent experience or qualifications.
- Ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of change control, product definition and change management processes will also prove invaluable.
- Successful history of delivery within the automotive sector
We support our clients through engineering services outsourcing, product development, IT services and product management solutions. If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better.
TATA Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.