6 days left
- Full Time
Test Technician, East Sussex, £16,000- £20,000 + Bonus
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Test Technician to join a growing, successful and innovative company based in East Sussex.
Photek is a specialist manufacturer and global supplier of vacuum based tubes and camera systems for photon detection. They are experts in large area and ultra-high speed imaging and advanced photon counting camera systems.
The Test Technician will be responsible for full testing and final assembly of vacuum detectors to meet the customer specifications.
Main Duties include:
- Testing and recording of various optical and electrical properties of vacuum devices
- Wiring and assembling detectors ready for shipment to customers.
- Following instructions given by test engineer and test manager
- Following all written test procedures.
- Basic fault finding
- Data entry into databases and/or similar Office software
- Ensuring that sufficient due care is taken in order to maintain the required quality standard in all test processes.
- Communicating problems and potential delays to the test engineer or test manager in a timely manner
Full training will be provided as necessary.
The role is Monday to Friday working within ‘office-type’ hours
The role may involve occasional local travel
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Excellent personal organisation and planning
- Experience of working in a laboratory, production or test environment (Mechanical, Optical or Electronic)
- Ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Basic understanding of Physics and Maths
- Must be able to follow procedures and instructions accurately
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- Experience of working with Vacuum-based optical detectors or similar devices would be an advantage
GCSE in Maths or above (Grade C or higher)
BTec, ONC, HNC Apprenticeship or equivalent engineering/science qualification is desirable