Management Accountant - Coventry
£30,000 - £35,000 + pension, Flexible Benefits
Wallis Lynch are currently partnering our Coventry client in their quest to appoint a Newly Qualified Accountant to their Head Office team. The role will focus on the control of the financial reporting systems and procedures to ensure the provision of MI and financial support to various internal stakeholders and is a high profile role within the business offering the opportunity to develop and improve current systems and procedures.
Key duties will include:-
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation's
- Provision of Monthly Management Accounts and financial support to Non-Finance teams
- Attendance at Monthly meetings to provide the financial support and management accounts to the non-finance teams
- Monitoring the collection of various revenues/income including liaison with billing teams to ensure relevant and accurate invoicing is raised
- Managing key cost lines within the Profit and Loss Accounts
- Ongoing development of procedures and financial controls to improve efficiency's and accuracy
- Support the accountant in all matters relating to the statutory audit of the company accounts
- Support the annual budget process
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting
The role will suit someone who has recently completed their professional accountancy exams or candidates who are qualified by experience. The role will involve significant communication with our clients business units and therefore the ability to be able to communicate with all levels from Controllers to Operational staff will be essential. The role will also involve dealing with significantly high volumes of data and queries therefore you will need to be highly organised and able to adopt a methodical approach.
Previously successful recruits have been able to demonstrate a solid understanding of the basic principles and experience of double entry accounting, accruals, prepayments, journals etc. The role sits very much in the spotlight of the organisations key directors and therefore offers a great platform for the successful candidate to develop and improve current systems and procedures within the department.
Our client is a £Multi-Billion successful business that forms part of a global group. In addition to the base salary our clients offers a range of benefits and unrivalled career prospects.
Wallis Lynch operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent vacancies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66895945