Head Chef- Contract catering- Castle Donnington Area- up to £25k
Our client is recruiting for a Head Chef based in a prestigious flagship site just off the M1. The site is home to up to 4000 with a volume uptake on the catering. With this in mind we are looking for an experienced Head chef, used to volume catering, from fresh seasonal ingredients. You must be passionate about providing exceptional quality food, have an understanding of today`s market and where current food trends are heading and above all be able to produce exceptionally presented food cooked to the highest quality.
The site is open 7 days a week with a breakfast, lunch, afternoon and night service.
As Head Chef you will be overseeing up to 5 Chefs in the kitchen, your main working hours will be Monday to Friday around 7am-4pm- however flexibility will be needed during peak business and VIP Functions with some shifts covering evenings, weekends and bank holidays- also as a manager you need to be visible to your staff working across all shift patterns.
We are looking for Head Chef with the following-
* A background as a Head Chef or Chef Manager within Business and Industry Catering with 500+ onsite or experience in a volume lead catering operation using fresh quality ingredients and fantastic food presentation skills.
* Experience in managing a team of at least 4 Chefs - ideally across different shift patterns
* Ideally experience in a unit which has a high profile restaurant including theatre style service - a passion for food and creating chef specials and adding to the in house menu- overseeing food quality and daily cooking.
* Quality cooking standards whilst being conscious of the set budgets- 706 1 & 2 or equivalent needed
* The ability to lead by example and build a team
* Superb customer service skills
* Financial awareness with the ability to manage budgetary lines
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66895871