An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client based in Bury St Edmund's, operating within an FMCG, manufacturing environment for a motivated individual to join the Planning Team.
This is a great opportunity for someone with 1-2 years experience within a manufacturing function to join a business who can offer great development opportunities.
My client are a forward-thinking, innovative, global manufacturing organisation who are a market-leader in their industry and established. They have manufacturing sites globally - this role will be based at their site in Ipswich.
DescriptionSome responsibilities of the Planner based in Ipswich include:
- Analyse production specifications and plant data to determine manufacturing processes, capacity and resource requirements and recommend best utilisation.
- Plan and schedule workflow for each work centre in accordance with established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Monitor the status of various customer orders and act accordingly to maintain on time deliveries.
- Analyse and interpret BOMs to determine production can manage the demand; including the coordination of critical path material including material transfers and conditional material releases.
- Plan in Engineering requests for maintenance/repairs to equipment.
- To be the first point of contact for production enquiries/orders requiring processing; assist with prioritising orders, critical demand and smoothing the production loads.
- Monitor works orders through all status levels; including stock adjustments/movements and liaise with all departments to ensure lead times are not exceeded.
- Review contract stock each week; liaise with necessary departments to meet the forecast dates and understand future demand.
- Ensure ERP and other planning tools are used to enable accurate interpretation of demand; including capacity planning, demand profiles and scenario planning.
- A key communicator between Customer Services and Production ensuring on time deliveries are achieved.
ProfileThe ideal candidate for the Planner role will have experience in production planning and scheduling in an FMCG manufacturing environment, as well as a good working knowledge of JD Edwards and advanced Microsoft Excel.The ability to work flexibly within a team environment is also extremely important.Previous experience will include:
- Planning experience within a food manufacturing environment
- Strong numeracy skills
- Advanced Excel skills is essential and JD Edwards ERP experience is desirable
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience of systems implementation and development
- A proactive and determined approach
The successful candidate for the role of Planner will be offered circa. £25'000 dependant on experience and profile.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66890937