Our client is a leading juice bar operator in the UK, trading in 40 shopping centres nationwide with exciting expansion plans. They are the UK's leading smoothie and juice bar concept and offer healthy fat free fruit smoothies and super juices designed to help you look fantastic, feel fabulous & enhance your energy levels and well being.
We have an opportunity for a Financial to be based out of our fantastic head office in Manchester. Reporting into the CEO and working closely with senior stakeholders our new Financial Controller will take over the responsibilities from the current part time FD and take on full responsibility for the finance department, managing the outsourced services and monthly managed accounts.
Financial Controller – Key Responsibilities
- Monthly management accounts and weekly KPI reporting
- Presenting financial performance during monthly board meetings in London
- The role will have a large analysis element
- You will be expected to provide actionable insight from analysing the management accounts, KPIs and other data sets
- Also be able to respond to ad hoc requests from the CEO and Board.
- Cash flow forecasting and managing supplier payments
- Annual budgeting
- Managing both outsourced bookkeeping and payroll function
- Preparation of full year stat accounts and managing the audit process
- Stand alone role with bookkeeping and payroll function outsourced
Financial Controller – Key Skills/Experience
- Fully qualified accountant with at least three years post qualification experience working as part of a finance team.
- Very strong Excel skills (pivot tables, logic formula, index match etc). Some exposure to financial modelling is required – you must be able to produce a set of balancing forecast monthly financial statements. An Excel test will form part of the hiring process.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – must be able to confidently present the accounts during board meetings
- Highly commercial and analytical – a large part of the role is analysing data and making recommendations direct to the CEO
- Experience with every aspect of running a full finance function – while much of the low level work is outsourced, you will need to review and take responsibility for it
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Direct experience working with accounting systems (Sage preferred)
As our new Financial Controller you will possess significant experience at a senior level and will have experience of working with a multi site led brand from either the hospitality, F&B, leisure, entertainment or retail sectors. Maths A level and an understanding of statistics/regression is preferred although not essential as is experience with Excel macros and VBA. We have a great working environment and culture, we also offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life cover as part of the benefits with this role.
Apply now to be considered for our Financial Controller position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66898894