Job Title: Estimator
Location: Crayford, Kent
Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in maintenance/construction sector who is currently looking for an experienced Estimator. The role is full time and permanent offering an excellent salary package .This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
The key purpose of this role is to competitively price works, minimise the cost of materials and equipment hire, so that we win the work and make a profit that meets the company's aspirations and ensure customer retention, growth and sustainability.
- We are looking to recruit Estimators with at least 3 years' experience in a similar role, who have worked previously in the construction and facilities maintenance sectors, with a flexible attitude and a diverse skill base. The role will require some bid writing, the completion of tender packs and the generation of quotes on a daily basis for a diverse array of planned and reactive works, for multiple contracts, across multiple sites.
- Bid, tenders and quotation values can range from £500 to £500'000 and the applicant must be competent across this spectrum.
- The Estimator must also demonstrate common sense and an ability to look at each estimate on its own merit. One size does not fit all in the environment we work in.
- The Estimator will be required on occasions to communicate with clients to justify their costings and on occasions re-work them and the applicant must have the commercial acumen to ensure whilst keeping the customer happy, we retain the required margins.
- The Estimator's role will need to be a proficient communicator able to work effectively with the Contract Managers, Operations Manager and Suppliers, especially when costing labour, plant hire and materials and to clearly understand the back ground to each and every job to maximise the profitability of the quote and ensure the customer's requirements are met.
- The Estimator must also show a dynamic approach to costing and purchasing materials, securing discounts, analysing the option of bulk buying or owning frequently hired equipment.
- The Estimator will guide the Contract Managers on what to purchase and from where, based on thorough analysis of the market on a regular basis and the growth of our supplier base.
The skills and experience requirements:
- Appropriate academic and construction qualifications, detailed knowledge of construction in both reactive maintenance and planned refurbishment work.
- The candidate must be able to confidently communicate with all members of the pre-construction team, directors, clients and consultants.
- Candidate must be able to work to strict deadlines.
- A customer focused, ambassador for the company with meticulous organisation skills, capable of working on and generating multiple quotes, across multiple jobs on a daily basis and formulating more complex, higher value bids and tenders on an ad hoc basis.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
- The candidate must also be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, with both the clients and other employees in company.
- The Estimator may at times have to assist with the completion of reports/audits for the client and the senior management team.
- The Estimator will be responsible for actively analysing and managing expenditure and minimising wastage, whilst maximising profitability.
- The Estimator will be required to fully understand and meet the principles and requirements of the Environmental, Sustainability and Ethical Purchasing Policies in their daily role.
- In addition, the Estimator's role will require the candidate to demonstrate experience of working with in-house computerised data recording systems and extracting data from them for the purpose of quality reviews, audits, performance analysis and to create reports for the clients and the senior management team periodically.
- Proficiency with Microsoft packages is required including excel, word and outlook.
- The Estimator will report directly to the Commercial Director.
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66900712