Youth Tutor (Childcare)
Our client, a growing Training Provider in Wales are recruiting for an experienced Level 1 Youth Tutor (Childcare) to join a busy team in Newport. The right candidate will have an occupational experience in Childcare and experience of delivering training to young people.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have your Assessor's Award.
Salary: £17,000 - £23,000
- Conduct initial interviews including assessment activities with learners using a range of tools
- Plan the learning and assessment process with learners, observing and recording assessments
- Complete and maintain accurate records including the 'Individual Learning Plan'
- Deliver sessions to support delivery of both classroom and placement based teaching and assessment
- Develop and utilise lesson plans for each taught session
- Provide focused support to those learners who are pre-entry level, or may have specific learning needs
- Working closely with the learners' learning coach to identify progression opportunities
- Completion of all training and learner related documentation and paperwork
- Contacting learners who fail to attend placements or centre training, tracking attendance
- Relevant training experience and qualification in Childcare
- Experience of working with young people
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop course material
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding
- Must have good knowledge and current practice in the sector
- Enthusiastic and passionate
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66901969