Chef De Partie
Our client based in Ipswich are currently looking for a Chef de partie to join there young vibrant team.
To achieve best outcome for all stakeholders in the business by meeting and exceeding customer expectations and to deliver quality in all aspects of service in line with our clients values and the customer services policy.
Key Results Areas:
- Planning, preparation and cooking of foods in whichever department delegate on a daily basis with the accent on quality and time, maintaining personal standards.
- The preparation and service of all sections of the kitchen as direct by Head Chef on a daily basis to ensure a high standard of the final product and customer satisfaction
- By preparing food accordingly to the daily/function menu as required. Use of culinary skills to ensure presentation of food is to the highest standard.
- Menu planning on a daily basis to ensure a varying menu, avoid repetition of produce and input ideas to create an appetising menu.
- Taking into account menu rotation, stock levels, stock rotation and understanding the high standards required for the department.
- Stock rotation to prevent wastage of food produce and ensure the freshest ingredients are constantly available.
- Understand the importance of stock rotation. Identify stale items of food to prevent poor quality ingredients being used or utilising these ingredients elsewhere. Ensuring fridge temperatures are documented to prevent wastage.
- Liaising with the Head Chef to place necessary orders for items to ensure all ingredients are available to effectively run the section on a day to day basis.
- Observing levels of stock and ordering through designated suppliers, avoiding over/under ordering, forward planning is required to ensure the correct produce arrives at the correct time in adherence to departmental ordering system.
- Cleaning the section and its equipment on a daily and weekly basis to ensure a hygienic and safe working environment.
- By adhering to cleaning rotas and using the correct chemicals, methods and equipment. Liaising with kitchen porters, through observation, report and/or act upon any potential health and hygiene hazard.
- Checking in food deliveries to ensure the kitchen receives items of the correct quality and quantity.
- Taking time and effort to double check orders and inspect goods carefully. Signing documentation to prove receipt.
- Assisting in areas of the kitchen where help is required to ensure the smooth operation of the department on a day to day basis.
- By observing areas in need of assistance through instruction from supervisors.
- Comply with health and safety at work and health and hygiene legislation at all times. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of operational standards, processes and systems.
- Any other task within skill set as required by manager.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66898272