Senior Estimator - Fit-Out
Senior Estimator required by fast growing exciting company. A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Estimator with experience in Fit-out projects to join a national contractor working with prestigious clients.
Location: Oxford (OX17)
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000
About the Senior Estimator – Fit-Out Company:
Our client is a market leading retail fit-out contractor, with an array of prestigious clients across the country they have an enviable reputation as one of the industries leading specialists.
They have an opening for a highly ambitious Senior Estimator to join their Oxfordshire team, ideally suited to an individual with the drive and determination to succeed, looking for a challenging hands-on role.
About the Senior Estimator – Fit-Out Opportunity:
The successful Senior Estimator will be responsible for evaluating bid specifications, drawings, ensuring that the company is aware of everything required to successfully bid and win the project.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
• Drawing and specifications analysis
• Understand contractual terms and conditions
• Assessing tender documents to ensure sufficient information is available to prepare tender
• Assemble accurate and well organised estimates and proposals for stipulated price, design – build and construction/project management formatted projects
• Provide clear detailed quantity take offs
• Organise and negotiate sub-contractors quotations .
• Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients
• Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing.
• Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress
• Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed services
• Maintain sub-contract data base
• Maintain material supplier’s database
• Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
• Prepare and issue material supply enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
• Pricing of Excavations, Concrete, Brickwork, Woodwork, Roof tiling, External Render, Drainage, External works and minor landscaping and all other trades associated with refurbishment fit out works.
• Complete tender documents for submission
• Submit tenders and follow up
• Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre tender and post contract matters
• Post contract liaison with clients
• Post contract liaison with design team
• Carry out take offs for material procurement
• Site measurement
• Develops RFI's and clarifications and ensure adequate subcontractor coverage
• Review drawings with project teams and highlight areas of concern
• Review job cost with project team and highlight any subs/material vendors that still need to be awarded
Requirements for the Senior Estimator – Fit-Out:
The successful Senior Estimator will have the following:
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience of Microsoft office
• Experience of working as an Estimator on Fit-out projects
• Knowledge of AutoCAD (desirable)
Salary & Benefits for the Senior Estimator – Fit-Out:
£65,000 - £70,000 plus benefit package
Did you know you can keep up-to-date with our Estimator vacancies and latest industry news by following us on Twitter & Facebook? Find us and follow us now.
REF: Senior Estimator – Fit-Out 2129
Services offered by Stratum Search & Selection Limited are those of an employment agency / business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66900350