Our client Kite Clothing is one of the leading children’s clothing brands in the UK specialising in designing and manufacturing high quality clothing for children up to 11 years old.
From their small and friendly headquarters in Poole, they supply products to more than 300 wholesale customers in more than 25 countries and also direct to consumers via their website.
They are proud to have been recognised in several industry awards, winning both the Childrenswear Brand Award at the UK Fashion & Textile Awards 2014 and the Fashion Award at the Soil Association Organic Awards 2014.
They are growing fast and are looking to add to the passionate and dynamic team so that they can effectively support and manage their growth in a controlled way.
Our vacancyis for a Finance Manager, who will be responsible for managing the complete finance function within the business, from running the accounting and financial reporting activities on a day to day basis to actively supporting their financial decision making.
Assisted by a Finance Assistant, this is a part-time role working 20-25 hours a week. Flexible applications will be considered.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Work with relevant directors to develop the business’ financial plan
- Work with departmental directors to produce annual departmental budgets, and help them actively manage their expenditure in line with this
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting and insight
- Ensure statutory reporting is completed accurately and on-time, including annual accounts, quarterly VAT and ECSL
- Manage sales and purchase ledgers
- Manage daily banking transactions and monthly bank reconciliations
- Oversee credit control activities
- Develop projections for and pro-actively manage cash flow
- Manage foreign exchange strategy and multi-currency transactions
- Coordinate monthly payroll and pensions
- Manage the procurement processes for non-product related purchasing
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and lead implementation
- Maintain and ensure integrity of financial systems
- Develop and maintain KPI dashboard.
If you are the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be a fully qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA (or equivalent)
- Have a solid foundation of financial control and management experience, not just in reporting the numbers but more importantly in driving the insight from them
- Have good understanding of how financial systems work, and advanced Excel skills so you can extract and analyse data as required
- Have strong organisational and time management skills, completing work in an accurate and timely manner, while managing and prioritising activities in order to achieve this
- Be ready to step up and take a leadership role. You thrive on driving change and doing things better and more efficiently. You’re able to work autonomously, but you also know when the right time is to pause and get input.
- Have the communication and people management skills so that you can work with and influence all the internal and external stakeholders in our business. Everyone sees you as a great team player.
- Be ambitious for and dedicated to driving the success of our business. You know that success only comes with hard work and you’re prepared to go the extra mile in pursuit of it.
- Be keen and able to learn and develop, always looking to review your performance and identify and implement opportunities to improve.
What They Offer
They will provide you the opportunity to work in an important and exciting role in an open and friendly working environment with real opportunities for you to grow your career as they grow.
Your starting salary will be £30,000 - £35,000 (pro rata based on full-time 40 hours per week) depending on experience.
Kite Clothing provide a generous staff discount on our own products and free on-site parking. Their office is located within walking distance of both Branksome train station and the main bus routes.
Find out more about them by visiting the website at kite-clothing
To apply please submit a copy of your CV together with a covering letter outlining your interest in the opportunity and when you are available to start work.
The application deadline is Friday 21 October.
We look forward to hearing from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66901660