Corporate Tax Assistant
You will join a close-knit team within a Top 30 accountancy practice. The role will be mainly compliance focused but servicing clients across a variety of industries ensuring the work will be broad ranging and interesting.
They are a top 30 firm, with an excellent reputation, who are going through a period of growth. A huge internal focus of the business is staff development and they offer support and career pathways at all levels from Corporate Tax Assistant up to Partner level. They are made up of 10 offices across Kent, London and Sussex, and this role will sit in their City of London office. Despite its size, there is a real sense of unison between each of the offices, which has contributed to the success of the firm.As Corporate Tax Assistant you will contribute to the provision of an excellent service to a diverse range of corporate clients, providing support to controllers, supervisors and managers, and on occasions supervising other junior staff. You will be expected to take responsibility for the tasks you are set so that they are done promptly, accurately with relevant explanatory notes where necessary, and you will have the opportunity to work closely with Directors and Partners on a day to day basis.
DescriptionAs Corporate Tax Assistant your main duties will include:
- Preparing corporation tax returns using the firm's tax software (alphatax)
- Collating appropriate information from that supplied by the corporate and business services teams
- Checking the completeness of information as far as you are able
- Bring missing information and apparent anomalies to the attention of the supervisor
- Draft basic letters and emails (for the supervisor's approval) that request information or send the return to the client etc. or as otherwise instructed
- Electronically file tax returns
- 300 UCAS points at A level or equivalent.
- 2:1 Degree in any discipline (preference given to those with relevant degrees)
- Qualified ATT/CTA (part qualified CTA will be considered)
- A team player
- A driven, self starter attitude
- Good communication skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Corporate Tax Assistant role with opportunities to progress
- Based in City of London
- Top 30 Accountancy practice
- Competitive salary
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66902048