3 days left
- Part Time
HR Advisor - Part Time
The HR Dept Newcastle is seeking an awesome HR Advisor for its expansion plans to become the number one outsource HR provider in the North East.
This role is different to being a HR Advisor for a single organisation, you are in effect a HR Advisor for lots of businesses in many different sectors, all at the same time! This means you will be advising on a diverse range of HR issues. Sometimes it may feel like you have experienced a year of HR issues in just a week!
We build our business on the strength of our relationships, meaning we will want you to develop your own relationships in the region by occasionally networking and attending events. These may be outside of your normal hours.
If the above excites you and you feel up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you!
Who are we?
The HR Dept Newcastle was launched in May 2014 and builds its business in the areas of Newcastle, Gateshead and South Tyneside. We are part of a large nationwide network of HR Depts, providing practical, pragmatic and affordable outsourced HR to SME’s.
We develop our business staying true to our values, this means:
- We are a winning team.
- We are honest and open with each other, our customers and our business partners.
- We are customer-focused.
- We work with a sense of urgency.
- We continually update our skills and knowledge.
- We are professionals.
- We embrace change and strive for continuous improvement.
- Above all, we love what we do and we have fun.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person who is interested in testing themselves and has a passion for customer service and a solid HR knowledge gained through practical experience. You will have integrity, energy, lots of enthusiasm and are hardworking, likeable and approachable
We are looking at quality and type of experience rather than length and it is important that you buy into our values and will be a natural HR Dept Ambassador.
You will be prepared to keep your employment law up to date and current and be willing to undertake training and development opportunities as they arise.
Given that manufacturing and the creative / digital sectors are areas of growth in the North East, we are particularly interested in talking to people with experience in these sectors.
Key skills we require:
- CIPD qualified
- Have an up to date knowledge of employment law and experience of applying it in practical work based situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and be able to influence others at all levels
- Commercially pragmatic in your approach to finding solutions for your customers
- Working on your own initiative
- Accurate and with a high level of attention to detail
- Able to talk in plain English and get complex procedures across.
- Experience of delivering HR in private sector
- Comfortable and confident in networking
- Handling conflicting priorities
- HR casework
- Chairing disciplinary/ grievance meetings / Leading Investigations
- Excellent understanding and use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Responding to queries from our Advice Line clients by email and telephone. These can be wide ranging, from simple to very complex across a broad range of sectors. We have a 4 hour response time so you need to be able to juggle priorities with ease.
- Providing the full range of HR services to clients – from one off casework and support to managers through to proactive policy design, review and drafting of contracts, developing Handbooks, recruiting for staff, redundancy programmes, conducting investigations, disciplinary meetings and grievances. This may involve attending client sites, conducting formal meetings / investigations, running redundancy programmes etc.
This is the key part of the role and we will look to allocate you clients to lead on so that you can nurture a close working relationship with them and gain satisfaction from being an extended part of their team.
In addition to this you will;
- Be handling enquiries and liaising with potential/current clients, contacts and our wider HR Dept network.
- Keeping our CRM system up to date with advice given.
- Be an ambassador for The HR Dept Newcastle through building great relationships in the region. This may involve attending appropriate networking meetings and attendance at events. These could be occasionally outside of your normal hours.
- Supporting marketing activities through social media activity
What we can offer:
Modern offices with free car parking
22 days holiday per year (plus bank/public) pro rata
A supportive environment to develop and challenge your HR skills and experience
Opportunities to grow your responsibilities and hours.
50% contribution to your CIPD membership fees and support with your CPD will be given.
Closing date: 30th October 2016
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
You can view the original job posting at hiredonline.co.uk