Pickers and Packers
Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
We are continuously looking for Pickers and Packers to joins us at our client’s busy distribution premises in Fletton, Peterborough. The successful candidates will be preparing our client’s orders ready for despatch to shops and home deliveries.
- Picking and preparing orders for despatch
- Colleagues are targeted and measured on their performance pick rate
- You need to be flexible in the warehouse and undertake any task for which you have been trained, to ensure quality products reach the customer on schedule.
- Some lifting and physical moving of products is a requirement of the role, also the safe use of relevant trucks (training provided) repetitive actions in stacking of cages.
- Accuracy is a high criteria.
Previous experience within a similar environment is desirable, however, full training will be provided. The position would initially start on a temporary contract with a view to being made permanent.
Applicants will be required to work weekends with rest days during week please note that no holidays are authorised during Christmas or Easter periods.
Training is provided but a good understanding of order picking and warehouse health and safety is required.
During interview you will be asked to complete an assessment test which includes comprehension and maths.
The site operates on a 24/7. We require you to be flexible in working hours, although you will be placed on a shift of your choice.
Standard shifts are as follows:
- 06:00 - 14:00 - £8.00 per hour
- 14:00 - 22:00 - £8.25 per hour
- 22:00 - 06:00 - £9.11 per hour
Staffline will provide you with PPE. This site also offers the following; Free Car Parking, Subsidised Canteen & Vending Machines.
This site holds random bag searches and drugs testing.
To apply for this role, please follow the link provided and search job ID 12794.