Up to ??30,800 subject to experience + excellent benefits
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of ??93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers
As part of the drive to deliver this goal we currently have a fantastic permanent opportunity for a Team Manager to join our Group Pensions function in Edinburgh.
Being part of the wider Group Customer Service business unit the purpose of this role is to develop, engage and inspire your team of Customer Service Consultants to provide an excellent service which exceeds the expectations of our clients both externally and internally
We are looking for a naturally innovative thinker with great leadership skills and a strong customer focus who can lead their team on a day to day basis with a focus on service delivery, continuous improvement and people management; including performance and behaviour management. Energy and enthusiasm to make Royal London a great place to work are essential as is the desire to have a positive impact on the success of your team and the wider business area.
- Ensuring that all customer interactions are delivered within clear quality standards
- Understand and manage workflows/demand to enable Team planning and priority setting
- Manage team to ensure productivity and efficiency levels are met
- Directing and driving a continuous improvement culture within the team
- Supporting implementation of operational change
- Coaching, developing and supporting individuals to deliver the best outcomes for customers in an effective and efficient way
- Team planning and priority setting
- Manage individual performance through objective setting and regular performance review
- Ensuring high levels of engagement, knowledge and understanding
Essential experience and skills required
- Ability to lead and develop a highly successful team in dynamic, high-growth environment
- Proven relationship building and influencing skills demonstrated through stakeholder management
- Pro-active, personal drive and enthusiasm to deliver the best customer outcome and initiate service improvements
- Strong planning, organisation and administration skills
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Ability to self-manage, organise and prioritise workload
- Understanding of working within SLA's
- Strong team focus
How to apply
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail, please contact Rod Emerson (see below).