Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer, WindChill PDM, CREO, AutoCAD
Our client is seeking several experienced Mechanical Design Engineers to join their team. You will be tasked with the successful and profitable design and documentation of the mechanical engineering aspects of company products.
- To fulfil customer or development requirements through mechanical design, component specification, prototype, testing and documentation stages.
- To assess the validity of the various design and manufacturing proposals, for maximum cost effectiveness on the particular project.
- To prepare systems and engineering specifications to obtain quotations from sub-contractors and suppliers where required.
- To liaise with and report to management on performance to timescales and budgets on specific projects.
- To liaise with all production, engineering and QA staff on mechanical engineering matters
The successful applicant will need to possess a minimum HND/HNC or equivalent supported by relevant design experience, 3D Pro/Engineer (CREO) experience (preferably with experience of WindChill PDM/Link data management tool), working knowledge of AutoCAD version 2002 and 2011 for creating 2D drawings, experience of designing castings, sheet metalwork, mouldings, electronics packaging solutions and electro-mechanical module design, previous experience of producing component, wiring and schematic diagram drawings and experience of testing and evaluating prototypes.