Financial Loss Analyst (Predictive Analytics)
An exciting new opportunity for a Financial Loss Analyst (Predictive Analytics) has arisen on a permanent basis and located in either Eastleigh or Norwich.
- Support the Financial Loss Manager in the development of UKH's Financial Loss (FL) strategy
- Contribute to the development of a proactive approach to fraud management for UKH
- Maintenance and development of Financial Loss portal/data analysis capability that supports the identification of fraud risks for investigation
- Support the development of a counter-fraud control framework
- Development of data analysis skills and tools to deliver proactive models identifying healthcare waste
- Ensure that fraud controls are fully consistent with regulatory requirements including Treating Customers Fairly
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver data analysis capability to support fraud investigation across claims and the supply chain. This will involve developing our capability as well as leveraging resources available elsewhere in Aviva and externally.
- Develop data mining tools and processes to enable a financial loss team to test hypotheses and identify trends
- Working with Financial Loss manager, review and develop processes and tools to enable proactive approach to identifying key trends and future issues.
- Work with key stakeholders around the business to ensure full engagement with the financial loss solutions and successful delivery of financial loss portal
- Define, produce and maintain fraud-related Management Information as required by UKH and Group Financial Crime
- Support the activities of the Financial Loss Manager as required
- Act as technical reference point for team members.
Skills & Experience required
Typically an experienced analyst or graduate in relevant discipline
Educated to 'A' Level standard (desirable).
Working towards a recognised industry qualification (desirable)
Ability to understand and interpret data from a wide variety of sources
Broad skills in data manipulation and transformation, with the ability to support effective deployment in an operational environment
Highly numerate with strong analytical capability
Proven oral and written communication skills
Stakeholder management skills
Ability to work on multiple activities at the same time, juggling priorities
Knowledge of UKH strategy
UKH claims, products and systems knowledge
Knowledge of the Healthcare industry
Extensive SAS including Enterprise Guide, DI Studio, Stored Procedures,
Advanced SAS Modelling
Experience in a commercial environment
Experience of handling, analysing and reporting on large data sets
Experience of working in an agile project-based environment.