Facility Manager is required for a contract position in Bristol with travel Exeter and Birmingham
Sopra Steria Recruitment working in partnership with a major public sector client in the UK.
Job Title: Facility Manager
Location: Bristol with travel Exeter and Birmingham
Contract: 11-12 Months
Responsible for managing the regional business requirements for infrastructure including offices, depots and ICT. Working collaboratively with the National Lead to ensure suitable office and operational accommodation is secured within the programme, quality and budget requirements.
- Support the National Buildings and IT Workstream Project Manager and the Estates/FM, IT Business partner to develop and maintain linked project and programme plans optimised for efficient delivery for this workstream in the region;
- Identify and deliver suitable office and operational accommodation for the specific area that will enable efficient 265/24/7 delivery and maximises retention of required skills;
- Work with the National Buildings and IT Workstream Project Manager and other regions to ensure that the accommodation is suitably equipped to encourage a productive and collaborative environment and to provide a resilient continuous service.
- Manage risk to minimize impact and likelihood, developing contingency plans to keep the programme on track;
- Provide visibility of issues and deliver solutions which balance priorities (for examples between regional and national priorities);
- Ensure full compliance with the appropriate financial governance arrangements for the programmes and projects within it;
- Drive improvements in health and safety performance ensuring effective practice is promulgated to staff and partners and carry out any tasks identified to the post in the Level 2 and relevant 2a Organisational Health & Safety RACI charts.
- Community Lead
- ALDM Programme Board, Operations Change Director and ALDM National Rollout Director
- Specialists/service providers
- Colleagues and peers in the ORR, Transport Focus, Department for Transport and other Government Departments.
- To ensure compliance with the core principles of the ALDM model. To ensure the programme delivers agreed outcomes to required standards; interdependencies with other workstreams and projects and programmes managed.
- Delivering at Pace - Level 4 - Maintain effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances, encouraging others to do the same.
- Making Effective Decisions - Level 4 - Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding r stakeholder expectations, to seek best option
- Achieving Commercial Outcomes - Level 4 - Interact confidently and effectively as an intelligent and highly credible customer with counterparts form the commercial delivery organisations and commercial experts.
- Seeing the Big Picture - Level 4- Anticipate economic, social, political, environmental and technological developments to keep activity relevant.
- Leading & Communicating - Level 4 - Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work.
- Collaborating & Partnering - Level 4 -Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests.
Values and Behaviours:
- Customer Service - Influence dealings between and beyond Directorates to continuously improve service standards for the customer.
- Diversity - Pursue diversity policies that raise awareness of the issues and tackle barriers to an inclusive way of working
- Teamwork - Drive the achievement of business objectives and joined-up working practices through the use of cross boundary teams.
- Best Value - Make decisions that are in the interest of the organisation as a whole and achieve optimum results.
- Continuous Improvement - Facilitate the effective delivery of actions and plans by communicating with enthusiasm and turning aims into achievable goals.
- Integrity - Quality assure professional standards and ensure equity is the basis for all decisions and actions; and in maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Experience of the delivery of estates/FM or IT projects would be desirable
- Demonstrable experience of leading people to successful delivery of large scale, complex and/or high risk projects, or high profile/high risk services.
- Proven change management ability to deliver successful outcomes for internal change projects.