Estates Operations Manager - Boston NHS
Estates Operations Manager - Boston NHS
Full Time - minimum of 3 months
Interviews ASAP Start ASAP
Pay from £19.92 per hour depending on experience.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Estates Operations Manager to work for one of our reputable Clients within the Public Sector. This is a key managerial role where you will be encouraged and expected to commit to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the current Trust property portfolio. You will have a broad and far reaching remit requiring you to be conversant with the technical aspects of facilities maintenance as well as being able to engage with services and understand their activities.The post holder will have high standards of written and verbal communication skills enabling complex and contentious issues to be discussed simply with a wide range of people. There is a requirement to collate information about issues and working practices and work with teams to resolve them including where these may be contentious with resistance to change.
Key tasks and skills (these are only an outline of the tasks):
- Implementation of the estates strategy in their locality.
- To ensure that all risks and issues are identified, addressed and mitigated or notified appropriately.
- Challenging where necessary to continuously improve estate operational working methods and systems.
- Identifying and delivering cost improvement opportunities and service efficiencies that may improve the organisation's operations.
- Providing cross service and directorate support as required ensuring business continuity can be maintained.
- Managing contractors or any external organisation working within the Operations function.
- Adhering to the standards of the NHS Code of Conduct for Managers and consistently demonstrate and promote behaviours and actions reflective of the Trust's values.
- Providing effective reporting, escalation and performance management to areas within responsibility.
- Budget management using knowledge of Standing Financial Instructions (SFI's),budgetary control and resource allocation procedures to ensure the estates operations management.
- Establishing and prioritising an annual work plan for areas of responsibility.
- Leading on the response to day to day issues arising and overseeing timely coordination of responses for reports for example Health & Safety, Fire and ensure delivery of key action points. .
- Ensure the accuracy and on-going maintenance of the Micad database for their area.
- Implementing effective escalation policies, procedures and protocols that support front-line staff to resolve issues on the ground effectively and in a timely manner.
- Work as part of the Estates team to deliver the Trust Estates Strategy corporately.
- Have a proactive, empathetic and responsive approach to operational requirements.
- Delivery of the cost improvement plan for relevant projects ensuring the management of capital and revenue schemes.
- This role requires the post holder to provide, receive and analyse complex information on estates management and site operations issues. The post holder will be required to provide specialist advice to non-specialists and attend meetings or make presentations to audiences of all seniority and estates understanding. The post holder will need to form excellent working relationships with a range of staff and individuals both internal & external to the organisation who often have competition priorities and viewpoints.
- Complex negotiation skills are essential
- Excellent managerial skills (people and projects)
The job description and person specification are an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the Department and the Organisation.
If this sounds of interest to you, please email your CV . Alternatively, click apply at the top of this page.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66906589