Health & Safety Advisor
Health & Safety Advisor
Are you keen to develop your health & safety career further?
Here at Peninsula, we have a highly successful health & safety training programme to develop Health & Safety Consultants of the future
£24,000 - £28,000 Basic + Company Car or car allowance + Excellent Benefits package + a Training Programme which will include a relevant h&s qualification (paid for by Peninsula)
Leeds or surrounding areas - Field based - Applicants must be flexible to attend training visits to our Manchester head office and also attend specialised joint training visits which may be outside of your current location.
As a Health & Safety Advisor your primary objective is to visit and work with our clients undertaking health & safety compliance reviews and audits for low to medium risk industries.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Gain a strong understanding of what the client has in place to manage Health & Safety in their work place
- Conduct an audit evaluating their current levels of compliance.
- Completion of an evaluation report, highlighting any risks and making recommendations.
- Have a commercial presence to engage with the business owner and make recommendations to help them protect their business
The role requires a mix of commercial and technical skills. The Advisor must have a good general understanding of Health & Safety legislation, but also have the commercial presence to engage with business owners and make recommendations to help them protect their business. It is essential you are able to adapt to each changing environment.
Peninsula will support on-going training and development towards relevant Health & Safety qualifications, as well as supporting your career progression as a Health & Safety professional.
Skills / Experience required:
- Relevant health & safety qualification to NEBOSH Certificate level as a minimum
- Approximately 12months practical work experience within an industrial/ manufacturing / maintenance / facilities management/ Care sector, or similar background with exposure to health & safety practices
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Client focused with commercial awareness
- Flexible work approach
- Full driving licence
- Good PC skills
- 25 days annual leave excluding public holidays
- Company Car or car allowance
- Structured training and development plan
- Profit Related Pay - non contractual
- IPhone and office equipment provided
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
To apply for this fantastic opportunity submit your CV online today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66890448