We are after a Design Engineer with strong experience of Highways Projects based in Brentwood, Essex.
Our Client is a large Highways Services Provider operating across the UK and their Highways Improvement Design in Brentwood is looking to welcome a new Designer to the party.
As Highways Design Engineer you will be involved in the design and delivery of Highways Improvement Design schemes to programme, quality and budget.
Projects will cover a wide range of traffic engineering / highways improvement schemes including:
- Option Study
- Detail Design
- submission of Works Information for tender
- production of Job Packs
- procurement of works
- monitoring of site works with completion of As Built details for maintenance information.
This position requires the ability to work well across teams, such as the commercial and delivery teams, as well as effectively liaising with Councillors to develop schemes and be responsive to political needs.
As Highways Design Engineer you should possess a high level of technical competence in Highways Design and Traffic Engineering and be able to deliver a number of schemes keeping to deadlines. You should also tick most of the following boxes:
- HNC, or equivalent high level qualification in Engineering
- Extensive knowledge and application of Highway Legislation including the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) and Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs)
- Extensive knowledge of design procedures, guidance and standards and good practice documents including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Traffic Advisory Leaflets (TALs)
- Knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations.
- Conversant with engineering techniques and use of specialist software such as AUTOCAD and its range of complimentary packages.
- Knowledge and experience of budgetary governance, management and control measures.
This position is a permanent role paying £30K-£38K depending on experience.
If you match this profile, then your next career move might right there in Brentwood.
Apply with your CV or just give us a call in the office to discuss!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66902018