Casual Play Worker
Closing date: None.
Service/department:London Prison Visitors Centres
Salary:£9.40 per hour (Inner London) or £8.25 per hour (HMP Feltham)
Hours per week:as and when required
Number of positions:10+
Casual Playworkers for London Prisons including Weekdays and or Weekends
Spurgeons is one of the UK's leading children's charities, firmly supported by Christian beliefs and values, helping to support disadvantaged children and their families through delivering projects to support children, young people, their families and communities to find long-lasting solutions to the challenges they face.
We are passionate about the work we do and need equally committed members on our team to help us achieve those goals.
Spurgeons is contracted to deliver services in seven London Prisons Visitors’ Centres with an emphasis on working towards positive outcomes for children and families.
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, imaginative individual experienced in working with children and families to join our teams who can demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills
The role will require you to plan and provide play activities within a Prison environment which will support children to feel comfortable, safe and secure while visiting their parent in prison through:
- Providing and promoting positive play experiences which supports child development within the Early Years Foundation Stages for children across all ages in the play area
- Supporting parents / carers in how they play with their children and promote opportunities for children to engage in an inclusive way during a visit or family day
- Ensure the welfare and well-being of all children to ensure they are safeguarded within all play and follow all safeguarding procedures
- Evidence and record impact of the play experience and other relevant activitiesThe minimum qualification required is an NVQ level 2 in child development or similar, plus Safeguarding experience when working with children.This post will: • Be subject to Enhanced CRB and Prison Security Vetting and clearance
• Require full compliance with prison rules and regulations
• Require a willingness to travel across a cluster of sites if necessary.
• Requires weekend and school holiday working
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people we serve. This post is subject to necessary safeguarding checks including a enhanced barred DBS Disclosure.
As from 1st March 2016 Spurgeons is a Living Wage Employer.
Please note if you do not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date we are afraid that you have not been successful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66896739