Senior Systems Engineer Service Group Lead 3189
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Systems Engineer to perform the role of a Service Group Lead for one of our highly successful Aviation Platform teams at our Whiteley location.
The SGSLs derive information from the Platform Specifications provided by the Deployment Project, support the Platform Design Leads and interface with the applicable Service Project leads to support sign-off of Service Designs.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
Each SGSL is responsible for the production, review and maintenance of the Service Group Specification(s) for a particular Service Group at one or more deployment point. This comprises identification and development of use cases and sequence diagrams to be modelled, the description of the functional behaviour of the service group, definition of constraints, service levels and other non-functional requirements.
This position is specifically for a SGSL for the Dedicated Military Service Group.This Service Group provides the services which are specifically required by the military and are not provided by other service groups, many of these relate to Distress & Diversion (D&D) capabilities such as Auto-Triangulation and secure communications and fax.
- General Systems Engineering practice (requirements development, interface definitions etc.)
- UML/Sequence Diagrams experience
- Excellent internal/external customer and supplier relationship management skills
- Proactive with a 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working successfully in dynamic and demanding working environments
- Military D&D knowledge, and specifically auto-T
- Other general ATC knowledge
- SOA knowledge from Systems Engineering perspective (i.e. modelling services)
- Modelling in MEGA or EA
- Familiarity with virtualised products/services/solutions
- Experience in a range of commercial programing tools
Candidates will require SC Clearance to commence this role.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.