Group Payroll Supervisor
We are working with one of the UK's largest specialist distributors operating in large and diverse markets. Our client has four separate divisions, connecting suppliers to customers in an efficient, knowledgeable and service oriented way.
We are looking for a Group Payroll Supervisor to join our ever growing business. You will spend your time in our office in Swindon.
- Manage payroll staff with their Weekly/Monthly processes and reinforce our minimum standards set in order to ensure the timely delivery of accurate, efficient and well managed payrolls.
- Develop and deliver a regular audit plan with full audit documentation of findings, resolutions and improvements for review and audit purposes. This is in order to mitigate risk, minimise manual errors and fraud across the Group.
- Actively looking for opportunities to collaborate in order to enhance your own or others knowledge across the Group - self-develop.
- Work with the payroll staff and or colleagues to plan and clarify processes. Resolve issues, identifying root causes and actions to enable continuous enhancements of accuracy and efficiency of our payroll offer.
- Provide knowledge and expertise including training, manuals, visual aids for payroll staff and house SAP HR Administrators and colleagues across all divisions, in order to enable a consistent approach of payroll across the Group.
- Create and maintain effective processes and controls for all tasks carried out by working together with the payroll staff to including payroll reconciliations and HMRC returns. This is in order to ensure accurate and effective instructions are in place, and risks are mitigated.
- Provide payroll cover in order to ensure the timely, accurate and efficient delivery of the payroll provision.
You skills will include:
- Previous experience of working in a Payroll Supervisor role
- Expertise in manual pay calculations and legislative requirements
- Experience of creating and documenting workflow and processes
- The ability to work autonomously and managing a team
- Overseeing the work of others and taking a lead role in a team
- Ability to build an environment within the payroll team that allows the team to work effectively and efficiently
- Ability to exercise judgement within pressured situations
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and support multiple clients
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to follow through any issues to be resolved
- An understanding of the sensitivity/confidentiality and criticality of payroll and reward issues
- Excellent English and numeracy skills
- Effective verbal/written communication
- Flexible and adaptable
If you would like to join a company thriving in their market and looking to develop and grow, then this is the role for you. Please send your CV across for this role and one of the careers team will get in touch!