Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Finance Manager with a strong understanding of treasury products and ledger control to join a leading financial services business in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
This role will support the delivery of robust financial control to a global business area, focusing on the reconciliation and substantiation of multiple systems. The work involves delivery of month end ledger control and assurance as well as the intra month control and assurance of an MI system.
- Supporting the assurance and verification of the ledger at month end including preparation and posting of all accounting entries required
- Supporting the relationship with the Business Partnering teams and proactively deliver a client first orientated service
- Support the assurance of the Global transaction banking balances in the MI reporting system
- Operation of the reconciliation and substantiation process
- Operation of the Integrity process ensuring all balances are owned, appropriate breaks declared and action plans in place
- Ensuring compliance with Group Accounting policy, Group Minimum standards and relevant conventions
- Providing suggestions for the development and enhancement the intra-month and upstream controls over the source system
- Project SME input and providing technical support and assistance in subject area, using own judgement as to when more complex queries require escalation
- Delivering well defined tasks to improve support to our customers
- Monitoring and supporting a range of processes and systems to ensure that they are effectively maintained and coordinated, recommending improvements
The successful candidate will possess or be working towards a professional accounting qualification with a good working knowledge of reconciliations in a treasury environment and be experienced in supporting stakeholder relationships and generating ideas for continuous improvement.
Desirable experience includes;
- Practical understanding of financial systems (Oracle, Business Objects) and processes (experience of reconciliations within treasury environment)
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to probe/investigate
- Strong Excel and data manipulations skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to present information
- Ability and drive to implement change
- Strong Planning, organisation & prioritisation skills
- Experience dealing with treasury products; bonds, repos, interest rate swaps, derivatives
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking business that will provide a clear path for career progression.
Please apply below to register your interest, confirming salary expectations, alternatively please contact Chris Halliday to discuss in confidence