HR Officer - London (FTC)
HR Officer - London (FTC)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in London for an experienced HR Officer to support the HR Business Consultants in providing a commercial and professional HR service. EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and are dedicated to our mantra of building a better working world. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
Our Human Resources teams are dedicated to providing a leading people culture within the business and as an Employee Services Co-ordinator you will play a key role in the smooth running of the busy Employee Services department within the HR shared service centre.
Your responsibilities as an HR Officer will include:
- Provide generalist and operational support to the HRBC team
- This will include the provision of generalist support to line managers and HRBCs on specific operational issue, eg performance management and the capability process, absenteeism where appropriate, disciplinaries and grievances, TUPE, redundancy programmes, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible working
- End to end management of capability, disciplinary and grievance processes. Including; conducting investigations, assistance in chairing formal meetings, preparation of all written correspondence and providing sound advice to the business throughout
- Act as a specific HR contact for line managers, taking responsibility for analysing problems and providing accurate and timely advice and solutions on an independent basis, calling for advice when necessary
- Contribute to various FS UK HR projects, helping to support the strategic people agenda and related initiatives, ie employee engagement, D&I, talent programmes, etc.
Qualifications/skills you'll need as an HR Officer:
- Certificate or Diploma in Personnel Management (CIPD) either partial or full completion or desire to work towards this in future
- Previous experience of working in an HR environment at HR Officer Level, involved in core generalist activities
- Up to date working knowledge of UK Employment Law and employee relations. Hands on experience of dealing with disciplinaries, grievance procedures and redundancies
- Evidence of being able to prioritise effectively, juggling multiple tasks at times of competing demands on workload and deliverables, while being able to maintain a strong focus and attention to detail at all time
- Strong PC skills: Microsoft Office suite including excellent Excel skills (Intermediate to Advanced level), eg v-look ups and pivot tables to analyse and manipulate large data files
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, as well as the confidence to deal, professionally and assertively, with senior business clients either verbally or in writing when providing advice
We are looking for talented HR Officer with a keen eye for detail for this exciting new role. Click on the link below to apply.