Lead Cloud Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Lead Cloud Engineer
The Cloud Engineer function within the DevTools group at Medidata involves the continual development of our existing deployment and infrastructure automation tools. The role will also require coming up with new cutting edge tools and workflows to manage an ever growing amount of applications, services and data which comprise our Medidata Clinical Cloud SaaS solution. We practice Agile throughout the organization so a familiarity with agile/scrum would be beneficial.
- Building and maintaining deployment and infrastructure automation tools
- Configure and build monitoring and logging tools to monitor our applications and Servers
- Working with engineering teams to improve their use of our cloud resources
- Ensuring that our applications and services are horizontally scalable, highly available and are deployable with our existing tools
- Familiarity with a public cloud provider. AWS, Rackspace, Openstack, etc.
- Experience with system administration on Linux or Windows platforms
- Experience with containerized infrastructure using lxc or docker
- Chef, Puppet CFEngine, Ansible or Salt experience
- Experience working in an Agile project
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience writing RSpec and Cucumber tests
- Strong management skills
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to produce quality software under tight time constraints
- Experience with database technologies
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lead project initiatives
- Strong sense on innovation, ability to detect new trends in technologies
- Experience in managing resources
Your Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree preferably in computer science
- Experience with a static or dynamic language
- Familiarity with a public cloud provider. AWS, Rackspace, Openstack etc.
- Experience in software development environment
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we've been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 500 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
- THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
- TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
- DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
- LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
- TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.