Senior Scala Developer
The Senior Software Engineer Function is responsible for hands-on development of Medidata's software applications. The Engineer is one who works very quickly to resolve high impact, challenging, engineering problems while continuously raising the standard of quality in our products and services in a full solutions-oriented SaaS environment.
As a Technical Expert:
- Be a hands-on contributor involved directly in development of Software Applications
- Provide solution to complex business problems and translate them to technology
- Adhere to the good engineering principles and provide high quality solution.
- Be aware of the new design patterns and provide solution based on the selected patterns.
- Review the code written by other team members.
- Competent in technical stack of choice
- Help the team to debug the production issues and provide possible workarounds and solutions.
As an Agile Team Member:
- Working as pair with other team members.
- Working closely with SQA and BA
- Actively participate in the Scrum meetings.
- Contribute in Scrum Artefacts.
- Present sprint achievements in reveal.
- Thrives in a team environment and has strong people skills.
- Significant experience in Software Development mainly on the front end.
- Demonstrable experience in 2 or more Front End technologies like JS, JQuery, React Redux and NodeJS.
- A good knowledge about Scala/Java with some experience.
- Worked on large scale projects in enterprise environment.
- Good knowledge of in MySQL or other SQL based databases.
- Demonstrated expert-level experience in troubleshooting and debugging web services.
- Basic understanding of Git.
Your Preferred Competencies:
- Development using agile processes and associated practices like BDD and TDD
- Development in SaaS and cloud-based environments
- Experience in working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
Your Education & Experience:
- Typically requires significant related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or some experience and a Master's degree; or equivalent work experience
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and Life Sciences industries. Humbly, we've been told that we are the leader in application software for the clinical development process, tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing an advanced clinical development platform for our clients to further improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of the data collection process. That means better treatments can reach waiting patients sooner. We are publicly traded (MDSO) with over 700 customers, customer retention rates above 99%, and the experience of supporting more than 10,000 clinical trials. We are still led by Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia.
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness, and Caring.
Our Leadership Drivers:
THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
MDSOL Europe Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion or belief, relationship status, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation or disability.