Working for a Multi-Award Winning Software Company and we're looking for talented developers to help us with our new green-field projects working on Military/Government projects, based in York, North Yorkshire
- Good IT degree Software Engineering discipline or similar, advanced mathematics qualifications, certification in software development
- You are able to aid in the design of complex systems, and work these through to implementation. Have confidence in talking about the pros and cons of different approaches. Familiar with SOLID principles.
- HTML: As a web developer you'll hopefully have a basic understanding of the DOM, including HTML, LESS & CSS. We don't expect CSS ninjas just a confidence to carry out the basics.
- SPA - Single Page Application - an advantage.
- Good English communications skills in both written and verbal skills to communicate at all levels with Internals and External Client/Contacts of the business.
- Some of the good stuff that helps, but can also be learned on the job:
- SPA: Previous experience of working on a Single Page Application.
- Knockout.js, Node.js and react/redux.js. We're using these libraries extensively, right from the basics down to custom components/binding handlers and throttling.
- D3.js: A large part of our SPA revolves around a large visualization to navigate through the system. We've opportunities for individuals enthusiastic about data visualization and experience building custom visualizations.
- JSON: If you can talk directly in JSON to your work colleagues then you'll be fine.
- C#/MVC: If you're experienced in Back End technologies such as C# and MVC that's a massive bonus. It means you'll be able to work full-stack development and enjoy both sides of the wire.
- Agile Development: We try to be agile about our development, experience of agile methodologies is a bonus (Kanban, Scrum etc). Also a knowledge of TDD and the having a mindset that considers testing throughout is handy.
EXCELLENT SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary ??35,000 - ??55,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday,
- Critical Illness,
- Death in Service,
- Contributory Pension
- ?? a day off to do training and development
* PLEASE NOTE: successful candidate will be CRB/SC checked as the role is working with Military/Government clients.
York, North Yorkshire, Hull, Beverley, Scalby, Market Weighton, Pocklingtonb, Howden, Goole, Selby, Leeds, Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Kingston Upon Hull, Bridlington, Filey, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire.
Go IT Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified. Go IT Recruitment acts as an employment agency/business.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Only successful candidates will be contacted.