About PwCPwC's Data Intelligence team (DI) sits within UK IT and brings together subject matter experts from IT, Finance, Human Capital, Resource Management and Marketing. The aim of the team is to help business leaders across PwC make sense of the wealth of data available, in order to support the decisions they make today, and the ones they make in the future.
Using a variety of data manipulation and visualisation tools and techniques we create value-add, joined up insight which can help the firm understand it's performance versus objectives and aims, identify opportunities to grow and to maximise profit. There are 25 of us, and we are responsible for the design, delivery and maintenance of the firm's reporting needs, whether that be monthly financial reporting, performance dashboards and predictive analytical models. The tools we use for delivering this reporting currently include Qlikview, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Excel and PowerPoint.
There are 3 teams within DI: Discovery and Innovation, Foundations and Clients, and Delivery and Operations. This role is in the Delivery and Operations team.
This role sits in the Delivery and Operations team, and you would be part of the team delivering MicroStrategy tools to the DI clients. We have a large amount of demand from the business, both for solutions built in Microstrategy and its self-serve element, Visual Insights. We are looking to increase the amount of demand we can deliver by adding to our development team.
As well as developing the tools, you would need to provide valuable input into the user stories, and demonstrate expertise in the choice of visualisations to provide the business with the best user experience and delivering high quality outputs.
- Building high quality, supportable reporting solutions to meet the demand from the business.
- Working as part of the development team to deliver a solution to meet the business demand and requirements.
- Identifying ways to improve MicroStrategy use within the Data Intelligence team.
- Communicating effectively to a variety of different audiences, providing explanations of solution, understanding requirements being put forward, and explaining constraints and abilities of the technologies.
- Providing expertise of reporting technologies to the team
- History of strong MicroStrategy dashboard and semantic layer development, deployment and support.
- Experience delivering robust dashboards to business users.
- Experience in designing a solution from requirements through to delivering an output that supports multiple user access.
- Experience of securing data within the dashboard based on user credentials.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to demonstrate ideas to less technical stakeholders.
- Ability to propose the best fit visualisation, solution, and layout.
- MicroStrategy 10.x experience preferable, with several years of MicroStrategy 9.x essential
- Confident approach, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Experience of working with different Project Management methodologies (such as Agile) an advantage.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate