Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) (Linux, Java, Go)
My client are seeking an experienced Linux Engineer and programmer to join their Site Reliability team. This job will require hardcore skills in Linux and networking and you'll be a wizz at Scripting, probably in a number of languages. A strong candidate will also be able to program in languages such as Java or Go. You should understand terminology like blades, pizza boxes and names such as spinning disk, all Flash, iSCSi, NFS, fiber channel which you will likely have strong opinions on. You will probably be familiar with Netapp, Pure Storage or other centralised storage solutions which you will have used in anger. We want you to have a can do attitude and look at ways of automating manual tasks.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) (Linux, Java, Go):
- Day-to-day activity improving our infrastructure, monitoring, tooling and process; including project work.
- Proactively and relentlessly seeking opportunities to prevent down-time and reduce MTTR.
- Creation and adoption of automation and best practices.
- Providing in-house consultancy to teams requiring advice in your fields of expertise.
- Raising the technical profile of SRE
Key Skills of the Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) (Linux, Java, Go):
- In depth technical knowledge of one or more of Linux, Networking, Storage or Databases.
- Background in large scale, highly transactional site delivery and operations.
- Experience of diagnosing and fixing complex production issues under strict time constraints.
- Excellent Scripting skills.
- Linux Guru
- Detailed understanding of software development, core infrastructure and reliability engineering.
My client is unfortunately not offering candidate visa sponsorship at this time, therefore only those with the right to work in London, UK will be considered.
Salary: Circa ??70,000 DOE