We are a Site Investigation, Geotechnical and Environmental Consultancy company working within the construction industry, based near the University in Preston. Due to our increasing workload we require a Geotechnical Technician to work in our Consultancy section assisting the Engineers in the assimilation of data and production of Geotechnical and Environmental Technical Reports . The main aspects of the job are as follows:
• Assisting the Consulting Engineers in the assimilation of data for the production of Technical Reports.
• Logging soil samples obtained from site to BS5930 and Eurocode 7.
• Production of trial pit and borehole logs.
• Calculation and production of in-situ test results data sheets including plate bearing, CBR, soakaways, permeability tests etc.
• Calculation and production of laboratory test results data sheets to BS1377.
• Preparation of drawings, figures and miscellaneous data sheets
• Depending upon workload assisting the Laboratory section in carrying out soil testing to BS1377.
• Depending upon workload assisting the Contracting section on site.
We are a friendly family run group of companies with offices throughout the country. The position is based in Preston at our offices close to the University and city centre, with our own free parking which provides a pleasant working environment.
The position would suit someone with a construction background preferably with BTEC Construction or higher qualifications, who is able to work on their own initiative, but within a team framework communicate effectively with Clients and colleagues and is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
The main conditions of the employment are:
• Full time contract
• Monday to Friday
• 37.5 hrs per week (some occasional overtime may be necessary to meet Client’s requirements)
• 24 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
For full details of our company see our web site www.subsurface.co.uk.
Apply with cv and current salary to: email@example.com