Job Title: Security Operations Engineer - Windows Administrator
Corporate Grade: AVP
Reports to (Line Manager's Job Title): Technology Partner
Direct Reports (if applicable): 0
Business Area: Barclaycard Business Solutions (BBS)
Department/Function Level 1: Consumer Payments
Department/Function Level 2: Payments Technology Tower
Primary Location: Fleet (Hampshire)
About Barclaycard Business Solutions
Barclaycard Business Solutions is a portfolio of B2B2C (business to business to consumer) businesses including merchant acquiring, commercial payments, offers and point-of-sale (POS) finance.
Making our clients more successful is at the heart of what we do. We are unique. We are the only business in the UK which can make and take payments, putting us in a unique position to offer a broader choice of payment solutions and products to our B2B customers.
Our focus is on making clients more successful by allowing them to always make the sale, help them pay and to help them to promote and sell.
About Payments Tower
The primary function for the Payments Technology Tower is to support the Global Payments Acceptance business and in doing so running payment transactions for 30% of the UK high street, adding business value by leveraging technology solutions and payments domain/industry knowledge. The tower also operates across Barclaycard and the wider bank providing payment solutions where the other business units are acting as a merchant or in the operation of authorisations and settlement routing.
Overall purpose of role
The Security Operations Engineer will be part of Technical Operations, Security Operations Team, part of the overall Service Operations department.
Primary focus will be on ensuring the Windows based infrastructure is secure, robust, resilient and compliant to PCI standards.
The focus of Security Operations is in maintaining The Logic Group's PCI Kpi's and ensuring the infrastructure remains secure at all times.
This activity will include:
* Perform security incident analysis and remediation steps
* Analysing and remediating security threats and vulnerabilities.
* Analysing and remediating against CIS benchmark scans
* Supporting annual security audits
* Supporting annual security gap analysis
* Anti-Virus management
* PCI standard evidence collation
* Maintaining security tools
* Working with system administrators in planning and implementing infrastructure patching cycles
* Perform the role of key custodian in line with key management procedures
In addition to these tasks Security Operations will work closely with Technical Architecture as a point of support for security design, architecture compliance, threat and vulnerability management and penetration testing. Security Operations will also own developing and maintaining supporting documentation, you will be required to assist in deploying automation of operational processes and procedures, identify weaknesses, propose, plan and deploy improvements to address and enhance the infrastructure design.
Adhere to the Change Management process, including presenting change requests with sufficient clarity to allow the appropriate authority to understand the reason for the change, the associated risk, the ease of regression and the implications of making or not making the change.
Risk and Control Objective All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
* A proven track record of maintaining security to critical systems in a 24 x 7 managed services/data centre environment working with relevant technologies and within an ITIL framework.
* Knowledge of IT Security principles, techniques and technologies
* Understanding the technical aspects of the Information Security
* Strong Windows skills in Windows 2008/2012 environment running mission critical enterprise software as a service with a disciplined 'service first' attitude.
* Experience working with a virtualisation technologies, ideally VMWare
* Experience working with storage technologies
* Extensive experience in administering, configuring and tuning
Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012
* Experience supporting environments with large (>100) numbers of Servers.
* Demonstrable knowledge of network concepts, IP Addressing/sub-netting, web and database applications.
* Relevant industry understanding, in particular operating in a PCI compliant environment.
* Experience with applying server hardening standards.
One or more of following security qualifications is preferred but not essential:
* GIAC: Global Information Assurance Certification.
* GCIH: GIAC Certified Incident Handler.
* SIEM: Security information and event management.
* PCIP: PCI Professional
Additional skills preferred but not essential:
* Experience working WSUS
* Microsoft qualifications: 2008 MCSA/MCSE or 2012 MCSA/MCSE
* Experience with Vulnerability scanners like Nessus, MVM, Qualys, etc.
As part of this role you may be required to work outside of normal office hours including weekends, this could be in The Logic Group premises in Fleet or in various data centre environments.
All technical operations engineers are required take part in out of hours support via an on call rota.
Role Profile Attestation
The content of this role profile is relevant for the role in question.
Name of reviewer: Noel Pleace
Role of reviewer: Technology Partner - Payments Tower
Date of review: 9th August 2016
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.