Deputy Head of KYC
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website for more information.
Overall Purpose Of Role:
The Deputy Head of KYC will play a critical role in the success of KYC team through the provision of skilled technical and analytical support, enabling the team to meet the conformance requirements and protect the Banks licence to trade
The role holder will also specialise as Team Leader and will be responsible to ensure an effective and efficient control environment operates within the KYC Operations across multiple sites, achieving conformance/compliance goals on an on-going basis
This is an exciting and fantastic opportunity to join a fast moving team to deliver AML/KYC regulatory objectives whilst delivering a first class service to stakeholders and customers alike.
This role provide the opportunity to work in partnership with other Barclays Corporate teams as well as our wider business functions ( Investment Bank, Barclays Wealth and Retail Business Bank - both in the UK and Globally).
As a specialist member of the KYC (Know Your Customer) you will be responsible for obtaining, completing and maintaining all Regulatory KYC documentation for all Corporate Clients in accordance with the Bank's guidelines and in compliance with UK & global financial regulations. It is a KYCM's responsibility to provide high value, business critical KYC technical support to the Corporate Bank Relationship Team whilst, providing an enthusiastic approach to KYC and delivering on personal and team objectives.
Key Accountabilities & Skills Required:
Operational Management (40%)
- Manage an effective & fit for purpose KYC Operational framework that is reviewed regularly
- Ensure effective End to End processes that are understood, documented within the Operational procedures and kept up to date in a timely manner
- Contribute to the delivery quality MI Metrics to monitor of performance to track quality and conformance
- Co-ordinate effective data maintenance activity as required - ensuring that our stakeholders and regulators can place reliance on KYC data we hold.
- Share best practice across Corporate Operations KYC to enhance client satisfaction
- Ensure all operational risk events, near misses and boundary events are captured, reported on and investigated for lessons learned when above a set threshold
- Proactively champion control performance and risk awareness within KYC Operations, providing support and coaching to address performance issues
Relationship Management (30%)
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Provide regular communication with senior management within KYC Corporate Operations to help promote and ensure understanding and achievement of their Key objectives, in order to embed a risk aware culture
- Provide support for the overall management and direction of the functional Corporate Operations Team environment
People Management (30%)
- Build, develop and lead a highly motivated team
- Inspire and drive high performance in individuals and the team, enabling each member to understand his/her role in team success
- Set clear, challenging and stretching objectives, ensuring effective performance management and with a focus on business results, behaviours and continual development
- Manage resources in the most cost-effective manner
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
Knowledge & Expertise
- Excellent communication skills: must interact professionally with clients and internal stakeholders at face-to-face meetings or via phone or email
- Time management skills: must manage workloads effectively to complete complex and high-priority tasks within target timescales.
- Analysis & judgement: must undertake KYC analysis with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- End to end KYC knowledge and experience
- Proven KYC operational background
- Experience of working with financial crime
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation & influencing skills
- Strong analytical ability in order to be able to present complex issues in a brief, simple and straight-forward manner
- Effective planning & organising
- Utmost discretion when handling sensitive and confidential material
- Initiative and judgement to be able to progress matters with the minimum of guidance to a successful conclusion
- The ability to absorb knowledge quickly either orally or through written communication
- Proven experience in KYC roles.
- AML/KYC recognised qualification.
- Proven experience in undertaking direct client contact - via face-to-face meetings, phone calls and emails.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the legislation that affects Barclays and our clients (including the Data Protection Act, Companies Act, Insolvency Act, Financial Services Act, Money Laundering and confidentiality regulations).
- Intuitive and proactive approach to all parts of the role.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.