A Government client of ours is looking for Web Operations to help evolve our web hosting platform.
You will be part of the Infrastructure team, who work closely with our web development teams. You should be aware of DevOps and be able to contribute, communicate and maintain a positive attitude to challenges.
You'll help drive continual improvements of our infrastructure-as-code environments by designing Puppet manifests, automating services in VMWare, improving release automation & orchestration, collecting metrics, developing monitoring solutions and carrying out performance tuning.
You should be as comfortable writing a tool that consumes an API as you are refactoring or creating puppet modules whilst understanding the challenges of running high tra ffi c consumer facing web platforms.
Your enthusiasm & passion for new web technologies will help us find new ways of working and by utilising the knowledge and experience of the team to decide on architecture you have the space to pitch and implement your ideas.
Based near London's Southbank, Web Operations and Developers work closely together in an open plan space, making for a friendly, collaborative environment.
We work based upon a 09.00-17.30 working day that can be flexible, with out of hours on-call duties when you are comfortably settled in.
- The person we are looking for should be comfortable handling tasks that specify:
- Configuration Management, preferably Puppet
- Writing code to solve problems (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Linux administration, preferably Ubuntu but RHEL/CentOS/SUSE
- Distributed Source Control, preferably git/GitHub
- A good understanding of web security and performance issues
- Enthusiasm/passion for web technologies
- Good communicator, having the soft skills to talk to the business as well as techs
- Experience or knowledge of the following will be welcomed:
- Vagrant, Docker, VMware
- Puppet Hiera
- Analytics and Monitoring
- Agile/Lean development practice
- CI/Build Systems/Release Automation/tool-chains